Everybody knows about the shortcut virus reaction. If you do not know about this virus so I want to discuss only this virus’s how many pestilent and how this virus pestilent our computer or pen drive or memory card.
|Remove Shortcut Virus|
When the virus accesses your memory card, this time you can face many problems. You can also look, your memory card, pen drive create a folder automatically. If you want to delete this folder you can’t able to delete this folder. Every time you can see “Access Deny” messages.
What is the Shortcut Virus?
When you want to open any folder from your pen drive so you can see every folder copied in the same name. Suppose you have an open “something” name folder so you can a new folder like this folder. But this new folder name’s extension is “something.ink”. This “.ink” extension file is called a Shortcut file.
If you do not delete this shortcut virus from your memory card, so this shortcut virus gets a chance to access your pen drive. When this virus accessed in your pen drive so you can face many problems. When you going to restart your computer system so this time you have to put a long time for this virus. After starting your computer so you can see a new problem on your computer.
When you open a drive’s folder so you can see here is a folder this folder’s name’s extension is “something.ink”. You can also delete all kinds of folders that are an extension is “.ink”. But when you reboot your computer so you can see these folders again in an exact place. Again delete these folders and again reboot your computer and again see this same problem.
Read Also: Best CPU temp monitor for your Computer
How do these Shortcut Virus Harm to Computer?
If you do not remove the shortcut virus from your computer when you want to copy some files from the computer to the pen drive or memory card. So you can see this shortcut virus copied in the pen drive. But you can’t delete this shortcut file from your pen drive.
If you can’t delete this virus from your drive, so you can be lost your important files. It is 100% true. When the shortcut virus stays a long time in your computer hard drive it is generally destroying your files from your computer.
So you should need to remove this virus immediately from your computer. Read this post carefully to remove this virus from your computer.
How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Computer And Pen drive Easily?
Method 1: Using Shortcut Remover Software
This is a very simple method. You can remove the shortcut virus easily using the “Free Shortcut Remover” software.
Supported operating system:
- Windows XP (2000, 2003, Pack 2, Pack 3)
- Window 7
- Windows vista
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
At the first download a simple software. This software name is “Free Shortcut Remover”. (Click here to Download )
After downloading this software now install it. When this software installed completely, then open it from your desktop shortcut or from all programs.
Now see some easy steps to remove the shortcut virus from your all hard drive or partition.
- Open the “Free Shortcut Remover” after installation. Now you can see a window like a picture.
- When you get the “Free Shortcut Remover” window then click on the “Scan Shortcut” options.
- Now just select a drive that drives affected by the Shortcut virus. Like this picture below.
- When you click on the “OK” option, this time the shortcut remover software is scanning your selected drive to show you the shortcut viruses.
- Now you can see all shortcut viruses in your selected drives. Now select all viruses like this picture.
Note: Never select “Drive C” for this option, always select an external drive like Pen Drive, External storage devices.
|Free Shortcut Remover Software|
You can’t able to select all viruses with just one click. This is the biggest problem in this “Free Shortcut Remover” software. Now delete all viruses viruses you have selected.
Read Also: How to use Trial Software after Expiration?
Method 2: Using CMD
- Click on Start and search for “cmd” then Right Click on cmd and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Next, Navigate to your drive which is infected. First find the drive name(i.e. D, E, F, H, etc.), you can simply go to My Computer and see your drive letter.
- After type your drive letter followed by “:” (Like “F:“) and press Enter.
- Then type “del *.lnk” and press Enter.
- Type “attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d /l ” and press Enter.
- Well done, your Pendrive, the drive is now shortcut free.
Method 3: Remove Shortcut Virus Permanently from Registry
- Click the “Start” menu and search for “Run” and open it or simply tab Window Key + R simultaneously.
- After this type “Regedit” in the run shell and click the Enter key. After this step Registry Editor will open.
- In registry editor navigate to this path:
- When you open this path you see some keys right side like odwcamszas, OPzzckkh, etc.
- Just copy these key one by one and make a google search if it is regarding any shortcut virus then follow next steps to remove it, unless don’t remove it.
- Right-click on that key then select the Delete option. (Do this at your own risk!!!)
- Then close Registry Editor
- Next type “MSConfig” in the run shell (Window key + R to open) and click Enter. A System Configuration window will open after that.
- Navigate to the Startup tab, keep a look at each attribute if you observe any strange-looking.EXE or.VBS programs then select that and click Disable.
- Close this System Config Window.
- At Last Reboot your system.
If you read this post carefully so you can able to remove the shortcut virus from your hard disk without losing any data from your all hard drive partitions.
If you do not want to affect by the virus again, so use antivirus software on your computer. You can also able to use the “USB Worm Protection” for better results.