USB OTG (On The Go) is a data transfer medium in Android devices, Tablets, etc, by which we can share data from android device with other devices which support USB (Universal Serial Bus) mode.
OTG (On-The-Go) USB cable supports the data transfer from an android device to another device directly without any PC.
Nowadays, we encounter many small IoT (Internet of Things) devices like cameras, smart home devices, and keyboards, mouse, etc are can be connected via OTG cable in android devices.
We can connect the devices with our mobile phones, tabs, and use these devices without any PC. There are many uses of these cables but here we list some very cool and important uses of OTG cables.
USB OTG or USB On- The- Go cable is very beneficial for us and provides the most convenient way to attach a USB drive with your android phone. But do you know you can do a lot more amazing things with OTG cable? Read this post until the end and learn some awesome tricks.
Is your Android Device support USB OTG?
All android phone doesn’t support USB OTG system because that phone is not made for OTG uses.
To check that is your phone support or not:
- You simply check-in-device specification or you simply go in Device setting and search for “otg”.
- Download “the USB OTG Checker” App (USB OTG checker app) and open it. It shows that your android device compatible with USB OTG or not.
Read Also: Top Game Hacking Apps for Android
How to use USB OTG in Android?
There are many types of otg adapters for different uses. There is some OTG Adapter you can also buy it on Amazon directly.
USB Type-C to USB Adapter Cable
Micro USB to USB Adapter Cable
This is for micro USB support cable, the android mobiles which doesn’t support type-C.
Top OTG Uses in Android Device
1. Charge one Android phone with another
- OTG cable
- Two Android phones ( smartphone which is currently having high battery becomes ha ost and another one acts as a secondary device )
- USB cord
Yes, you can able to charge your one android phone with another through OTG cable.
|Charge Android Phone with OTG|
2. Connect External Hard Drive to Android
You can easily connect your external hard drive with your android phone using an OTG cable .you just need to connect the OTG cable with your mobile and after that connect the external hard drive to OTG through a USB cord. So, in this way, you can easily transfer files from phone storage to external devices.
|Connect External Hard Drive|
3. Connect USB mouse or Keyboard
Sometimes, We have to type long messages while chatting thus in that case connect your keyboard, the mouse with your smartphone using OTG cable, this trick helps you a lot in increasing typing speed.
|Connect USB mouse or Keyboard|
4. Connect a Game controller
If you are an android game lover and loves to play racing, fighting games then this trick is for you, connect the game controller with your phone through OTG cable, and enjoy playing all those games in that supports gamepad.
|Connect a Game controller|
5. Connect your camera with Smartphone
Now you can easily connect your camera or DSLR with your smartphone by using OTG cable, in case of DSLR you need to install an app called DSLR dashboard, and then after that, you can easily control or access all your photos with your phone.
|Connect your camera with Smartphone|
6. Connect USB Light with Android device
Yes, you can connect USB based lamps with your android device and this will become handy when you don’t have electricity or you can use it as a torch and that’s flashlight is stronger than your smartphone flashlight.
|Connect USB Light with Android device|
7. Connect LAN cable to your Android device
This trick is for those who don’t have wifi but having a broadband connection, you just need to buy LAN to USB controller and after that, you can easily connect your android device with LAN cable through OTG.
|Connect LAN cable to your Android device|
8. Connect USB data card with an android device.
- First, you have to download the PPP 2 widget app from the playstore.
- Then connect your smartphone with USB Datacard through OTG cable.
- After that, you have to configure your sim setting such as Access Point Name, User name, etc.
- Then click on connect option under PPP 2 Widget app.
- Congrats, now enjoy internet service on your phone.
|Connect USB data card with an android device|
So, These are some useful uses of OTG with an android device.
If you like this post then share it on social media and comment below regarding any query.
Read Also: How to play clash of clans offline?
Tags: what is OTG cable, otg uses, USB OTG support, micro USB OTG cable, USB OTG adapter